Thursday, August 2, 2012

Establishing a Relationship with W&S and UC :)


I had a meeting with a head manager from W&S and the Mathematics (Actuarial Science Track) advisor and Assistant Dean, Dr. Mitro. The meeting will hopefully help connect future prospective actuaries from UC to W&S. One topic of interest to prospective actuaries my manager highlighted is that it is very important for students pursuing an actuarial career to pass the first actuarial exam in the second year. This allows them to have a passed exam on their resume in the Autumn Semester of their third year, when companies are interviewing students for an actuarial internship the summer after the student’s third year.

If any students have interest in learning more about actuarial sciences, I would encourage them to contact me at zachm09@gmail.com. I would be able to answer most questions students have about the field, and I could help set up an informational interview for the student at W&S. Being a SOL, RA, and an ATO has made me a passionate Bearcat – I’d love the chance to help UC students, especially those interested in actuarial sciences.

No comments:

Post a Comment