Thursday, June 7, 2012

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!

Today at Western & Southern I accepted an offer to become an Actuarial Analyst starting August 30, 2012! My final day of class at the University of Cincinnati will August 3rd and my final day of my Actuarial Internship will be August 7th. 


I never could have achieved this without the love and support from my family, friends, mentors, and a lot of other people along the way. THANK YOU to everyone who believed in me and took the time to share their knowledge or wisdom with me in some way.


My advice to any student would be to take risks -- especially ones that will help you grow and develop in any way. Some risks that I taken in the past 3 years (since high school graduation) have been moving and working completely on my own to Spain for two months after high school graduation; taking undergraduate / graduate level statistic courses at the beginning of my second year at UC (lowering my Math GPA); committing to work over 65 hrs/week as Student Orientation Leader last summer instead of pursuing actuarial exam progress; and deciding to work full-time as an actuarial intern at W&S, while being a full-time student and also being an RA at UPA.


These risks allowed me to graduate in 3 years and position me for a career at W&S but more importantly, they allowed me to learn so much, develop, and discover who I am really am. Getting this job offer makes me feel so blessed and relieved: all my risks have finally paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment